Tuesday 13 September 2011

Normal?


In my head, maybe But my body is slowed right down. My head whizzes with this mind and a few others. My body and my actions are too slow.

Maybe I am just someone who has spent too much time in her head. Self ebsorbed maybe? Except i care about other people, I really care. I like people to be happy. I like to help.

maybe i am not well.

Maybe there's Nothing wrong with me.

Maybe its only our perception of what we can and cannot cope with that affects our ability to cope.
Maybe everyone has an inner pain threshold, and once the lines been crossed, you lose a bit of your brain and your soul and you're never quite the same.
Maybe, if everyone just accepted that everyone is different, its ok to be you, and embraced individualiity, the world would be a more understanding, caring, safer place to live...

Who gets to say whats 'normal' anyway?
Surely you can only compare normal, to the thing that you're most used to. And everyone has different ideas as to what is normal and what is not?
For example...
I think its normal to put pjs on by 5pm and get ready for a lie down. My friend thinks its normal to get ready to go out at 11pm, just as my bed is calling me.
Some people think it is normal to eat from their lap on the sofa, others consider this animalistic behaviour to be abnormal, and insist that food should be eaten at the dinner table.

Some people like things to end in a 5 or a 0 and others wont even understand what I mean.
.
Some people think its normal to treat people in a way that humiliates them and makes them feel worthless, and I don't think that's normal at all, or will ever be 'normal'!
Some people are Right handed. Some people are left handed. some people are straight. some people are gay. some people arent fussy. Some people are black Some people are white, or somewhere in between. Some people believe in God Some people believe in lots of Gods Some people dont believe in God Some believe in karma, or fate, or that life is totally random and you get lucky or you dont
I wish people would see that it is all O.K. Why is their so much conflict, war and hate, when we are all so different, which means we are all just the same. All just people. Not right or wrong or good or bad. Not normal or not normal. Just here, breathing, and we all bleed the same. I believe, this is the key to peace. Acceptance. I'm starting with self-acceptance. Have decided Im pretty average, when you consider the normalness scale, which is pretty much just a dot, rather than a line, by the way. I'm sort of in the middlle, right next to you

So Why am I the Patient?




No comments: