Sunday 1 January 2012

2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Havnt blogged in forever since xmas is a busy time of year and ive not had much to say or much vavoom to say it....
I hope everyone had a good one, mine was really nice spent with people that I love and seeing family and friends.

The kitty wittys spent crimbo by themselves which is a little bit sad but they did get fed and lets face it they dont kno the difference between christmas day and any other day so i tried not to feel too guilty.

but I am relieved its all over now, and New Year is the bit I like best because its a New Year which means a lovely fresh new start and a brand new clean calender.

I hope to get back into the swing of blogging regularly because it makes me feel like Im doing something with my life and it is good to keep up at something you like to do.

A lot of people use the New Year as a chance to make changes and improve thier lifestyle in some way. Sometimes we can put a lot of pressure on ourselves to be fitter or healthier or happier.

My cousin Lou came up with a brilliant New Years resolution that she asked me to make into a poster for her, so that every morning she can see it on her wall and tell herself to do it, like a sort of mantra to help her make 2012 a good year.

Because i liked her mantra and I made the poster, I am stealing her phrase and also using this as my New years resolution because I think its a good one, and really its all you can ever do, in order to succceed at life. This is my New Years Resolution:



I have in my head other things that I would like to start getting better at this year, for example producing some art work that I can feel prud of, taking my medication as prescribed, organizing my time better, remembering to eat properly at meal times to keep me healthy, and practising mindfulness more because this will help with all these things.

Im not setting any special rules really, just going with it and feeling positive that 2012 is going to be a year of progress.

Bernie seemed to have calmed down a lot since having the snip, so me and my boys are gonna stick together and just take one day at a time. But as it happens, they are both fast asleep on my lap and I am about to fall asleep too....sdo we just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR and good luck everyone for 2012....and...Watch this Space!

2 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Well done and well said Laura....
I think all of us need to take stock of our lives, and perhaps make more of an effort....
So, hopefully, we can care for our families and loved ones a little better in 2012...! :).
"Onwards and Upwards".

Laura Callaway said...

Thanks Willie, yes, I agree. Onwards and upwards indeed.
I definitely want to be better this year at doing things to help out people I care for, we should all just help each other and the world will be a much lovelier place.
Hope you had a good xmas and new year?
do you have a new years resolution?